Monday 17 October 2011

Heuer Diver 980.032 L back in service


1980s Heuer 980.032 L after restauration.

I started with a non running basket case missing it's bezel. I had to find a replacement vintage ESA movement (not easy). The original movement was rusted solid. No chance to make it running again. I found the right movement and swithed the name plate so the new movement was signed Heuer.
Then I had to get new minute and hour hands, the original was rusted to pieces. I got hold of two new ones of the black correct type. Problem was that the lume was way to white. 20 minutes in the kitchen oven at 200 C and a quick dip in coffee made the lume match the dial perfect.
A NOS bezel was next part missing. I got one throught Chronotrader, I had one for ref. 844, and traded it for the one I needed. At last I put on a jubilee bracelet, and the watch was ready for use again.
I think a sad looking basket case bought very cheap on Ebay turned out to be a nice classic Heuer in the end.

3 comments:

Zulekhzan B. Fauzi Saadi said...

good job bro + very nice!!!

David said...

Great job Jarl- well done

dc

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.I'm impressed. You're truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. I'm saving this for future use.Watch Winders